Monday, February 1, 2010

An all new low in working from home etiquette…

































Everyone knows that coifing is the first to go. If you aren’t going into the office who needs lipstick and a hairdo? Then you might as well brush your teeth after lunch and deodorant gets spotty.

Clothing becomes, let us say, more and more casual. As in PJs or some old sweat pants, or torn nightgown… whatever!

All of these stages I passed through without flinching. I mean, who cares? (except of course for the poor people who have witnessed my curtain-less bedroom changing habits).

But this morning I did something that even bothered me…

With my laptop on my nightstand, I went to get back into bed (after using the facilities and not doing any grooming).

I lifted the covers then went “Wait a minute! I’m working now!”

Because, apparently, getting under the covers is ‘relaxing’ yet some how sitting on top of the covers, in your bed, with your laptop ona pillow is ‘working.’

And for just a brief moment it made sense. Yes, let’s keep things grounded and real and … wait a minute! the only difference between slacking off and working is a comforter!

Like I said low point.

So I went and brushed my teeth and put on some clothes (okay, maybe not clothes but I could run out of the house during a fire and not scare the neighbors).

There have to be some office standards, even if that office’s walls are a flimsy sheet :-) ☺

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I just found your blog tonight. I am a single (divorced)47 year old female doctor. I identify wth your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I just found your blog tonight. I am a single (divorced)47 year old female doctor. I identify wth your posts.

    ReplyDelete