Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I write Thrillers. Weird, huh?


Because let's face it, I live the least thrilling life.

Well, I mean I have adventures, they just tend to be in my own head.

Which, it turns out works out great for writing. All that stuff bouncing around, coming out at WAY inappropriate times at awkward cocktail parties is perfect for the page.

Since I am a veterinarian I get asked all the time why I don't write animal books. It seems like such a natural fit.

Um, if I wrote an animal book, I would HAVE to be nice to the characters, and let's face it with my boring life, I like to take all that Craig's List Ad frustration out on someone and a serial killer seemed to be the perfect recepticle.

Which appears to quite the shocker to some. I wrote much of my novel "Plain Jane" while sitting next to a colleague at the vet clinic.

After I finished the manuscript she begged to read the book. I warned her against it, I did, but she insisted she understood it was a thriller in the vein of "Kiss the Girls" and "Silence of the Lambs," so she took it home over the weekend.

The next Monday she handed back the manuscript with shaky hands, "You were right, I'm not sure if I can look at you the same way again... Or sit next to you... or eat lunch with you..." #shegotoverit

One of my favorite clients also insisted on reading it. He raved, "My first thought was... this is the best psychological thriller I've read since "Along Came a Spider!" Then that awkward pause, "My second was, and she's my dog's Vet?????"

So yes, I do want you all to head over to Amazon.com and buy a copy and rave about it... however, be warned, you may never look at craftycmc the same way again!

#youhavebeenwarned

#althoughthathasn'tworkedsofar!

You can either head over to Amazon.com for the print version (and, of course, leave a glowing review) at http://amzn.to/aV16Z9

Or read an entire 25% of the book before buying the ebook at www.smashbook.com: http://bit.ly/b60jVe

Thanks and I promise a #somewhat funny #ok #fine #anaverage blog next week :-)

7 comments:

  1. I read every blog, you are wonderfully funny in every way possible. I smiled the whole time I read it. May you continue doing all that you love, and continue to bring joy and countless smiles, to ones life......

    Sincerely,

    "Inspired by you" ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

    ( Boy I must be inspired because all those smiley faces were hard, I kinda spilled a drink on, or at least around the nose key) ;-)
    But I hope that I have returned the smile you gave to me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always suspected that behind that cheerful, ding dong obsessed blogger there was something more sinister... can't wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh-la-la!!! I love thrillers! I'm in the middle of a book right now, but when I finish I will have to check out this fabulous story you wrote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So...all that stuff about stalking Nathan Fillion is just "research"--uh, huh. Now I get it.

    Congrats, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. I will head to Amazon! Will read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Twitter is good for my ego. :) I just love how other writers are so much like me in so many ways...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stalking...research...twitter. Sounds like good advice for any writer :) Twitter lights my ego for sure.

    ReplyDelete