Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom's Day...


As most of you know, I had a... let's say complicated relationship with my Mom.

So it is not surprising that this Mother's Day holiday thing can kick up some stuff for me.  Add to that my own lack of children (probably my largest regret out of a life I have learned not to be regretful) and Mother's Day can be... stressful.

Some Mother's Days I feel so down and depressed.  Like how can I ever right my life if it started out so difficult.

Then other Mother's Days I feel guilty that I don't feel down in depressed.  I feel like i should be having a difficult time.

Then there are other Mother's Days like this one.

I just feel... at peace.

Sure tomorrow I may get mad at Mom again for some emotional button she installed, but for today I am just glad she was my Mom and I can honestly honor her for trying as hard as she did to protect me and contain her crazy.

I also honor myself for mentoring so many young women and employees.  I may not be a "Mom," Mom, but I have done my fair share of parenting so I can honestly say I have paid it forward.

Then I ask each of the dog's for a kiss... which they are always happy to oblige and call it a day.

So for anyone out there struggling on Mother's Day or any day really, just know 'this too shall pass.'  And surprisingly even get better :-) :-) :-)

Happy Mother's Day to one and all :-)

 :-)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're a great mom to many.
    I'm glad you had a peaceful, feel-good day. As the saying goes, we can't change the past, the relationships we had with our moms or often what happens even now, but we do have a choice in how we respond.

    I honour you too -- and your message of hope.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great entry-- it doesn't go too much into detail or potentially hurt a strained relationship, yet really made me think about my own experiences. Glad I'm following you on Twitter. :) 

    ReplyDelete